SAPSE 2020: The 12th IEEE International Workshop on Security Aspects in Processes & Services Engineering
Call for Papers
Goal of the workshop:
The workshop aims to foster cooperation among software practitioners and researchers in order to exchange the latest industrial experience and research ideas on services and processes engineering.
The area of processes and services engineering is a very attractive field for innovative research, particularly in the last years, when collaborative and outsourced processing have become an interesting paradigm for developing more complex services available on distributed platforms. Distributed interacting processes have high potential as demonstrated in the case of blockchain technology, allowing a new generation of services and interaction models. These distributed infrastructures often running on remote platforms pose new important challenges particularly when considering security aspects. New techniques and methodologies are needed to be able to build better, more robust and more trusted systems, where security is taken into account and integrated in the whole design process since the very first stages.
Scope of the workshop:
Researchers and practitioners all over the world, from both academia and industry, working in the areas of process engineering, distributed services and security, cloud security, blockchain related platforms and applications are invited to discuss state of the art solutions, novel issues, recent developments, applications, methodologies, techniques, experience reports, and tools for the development and use of secure service oriented systems. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Trust, security, and privacy in service-oriented and cloud-based systems
- Secure business process composition
- Blockchain platforms and blockchain based applications
- Security of distributed business processes
- Risk management in business processes
- Trust and policy management in clouds
- Service dependability, survivability, and reliability
- Design and development of secure service oriented systems
- Certification of cloud-based and service oriented systems
- Verification, validation and testing of security properties of service oriented systems
Likely participants: Software engineers and security researchers are called to participate and exchange ideas and techniques.