ESAS 2020: The 15th IEEE International Workshop on E-Health Systems & Web Technologies
Call for Papers
Goal of the workshop:
ESAS 2020 fosters the following complementary objectives:
- Inquiring into the theory and practice of engineering e-health systems, especially methods, means, and best cases;
- Exploring into unifying software engineering methodologies employed in implementing e-health applications across domains also preserving security and privacy of patient health records; and,
- Deploying new technologies such as big data analytics, machine learning, data mining, deep learning and Semantic Web technologies in recommendation systems, knowledge-based systems, decision support systems, expert systems, etc. towards affecting e-health/m-health systems especially for distributed healthcare for all.
E-Health systems play a significant role in the well-being of individuals, be it as medical solutions or for everyday healthcare. New models and methods continue to be developed to produce safer healthcare environments. The rapid growth of using such devices and technologies in medical fields has generated new opportunities for emerging application improvement. Still, huge challenges remain to be resolved in order to develop consistent, suitable, safe, flexible, and power-efficient systems fit for medical needs. In unison with the main conference, the main theme of ESAS 2020 will be “Driving Intelligent Transformation of the Digital World” which guides to manage the digital world with artificial intelligence technologies and using data and processing resources efficiently in the software industry.
Scope of the workshop:
Web technologies render dynamic, heterogeneous, distributed and shared content equally accessible to human reader and software agents. Distributed agents functioning autonomously can utilize Web content to gather and aggregate knowledge for reasoning and inferring new results towards achieving their goals as well as generating new knowledge. Such knowledge in turn may be disseminated and used to achieve the shared goal of the application system. Here, the vision is to achieve a synergy with e-health systems whereby both semantics and agents will be equally in the center stage. Therefore, paper proposals on approaches and applications of big data analytics, knowledge-based expert systems, machine learning, security, privacy, and Web technologies for affecting e-health/m-health systems in digital world are welcome. Topics of interest span a wide spectrum in both theory and practice. Authors are invited to submit original technical papers and novel research contributions in any aspect of e-health and covering but not limited to the topics of interest listed below.
Track 1: e-Health and applications (e-Health)
Health management and analytics; Big data in health; Medical decision support expert systems and tools; e-health oriented software architectures; e-health applications; Semantic Web and e-health systems; Smart health systems and applications; Biomedical semantics; Bioinformatics Web applications; Security, privacy and protection of personal data in e-health systems.
Track 2: Artificial Intelligence with Web Technologies and Data (AIWD)
Data science and Machine learning models; Applications of machine learning; Machine learning for schema matching, instance matching, search and retrieval; Machine learning models on knowledge bases and semantic networks; Linked data management and analytics; Big data analytics and applications; Automated and traditional information retrieval and applications; Data mining and applications; Deep Learning and applications; Data driven services and applications.
Track 3: Recommendation Systems (RS)
Recommendation systems and algorithms; Information filtering; Machine learning for recommendation; Multi-agent recommender systems; Recommendation and social networks; Context-aware recommenders; Recommender system user interfaces.
Track 4: Web Technologies, Services and Applications (WTSA)
Web technologies, frameworks, languages, appliances, and services; Semantic Web, ontology and Web services; Web services challenges on trust, security, performance, scalability; IoT, data management and analytics; Cyber physical systems; Distributed systems, edge computing and streaming data analysis; Smart city applications; Platforms, technologies, mechanisms and case studies.
The submissions for the ESAS special issue topic of “e-Health and Staying Smarter” for the “Expert Systems: The Journal of Knowledge Engineering” (IF 1.505) resulted actually in the following two SIs and three regular papers which are published in the February issue of 2020:
Likewise, a book project for the current and past ESAS papers is likely to be offered; more to follow.
Past ESAS journal special issues and book publications include the following:
- A special issue was published with Multiagent and Grid Systems – An International Journal, IOS Press, ISSN 1574-1702; Volume 4, Number 3, 2008, pp: 293-346.
- A special issue on Engineering Semantic Agent Systems of Expert Systems was published with The Journal of Knowledge Engineering by Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. Vol 28, No. 5, 2011, pp: 410-487.
- An edited volume titled Semantic Agent Systems: Foundations and Applications was published by Springer-Verlag in 2011.