ADMNET 2020: The 8th IEEE International Workshop on Architecture, Design, Deployment & Management of Networks & Applications
Call for Papers
Goal of the workshop:
The aims of this workshop are to discuss and advance the state-of-the-art research and development in the area of architecture, design, deployment, and management of networks and Internet-based applications. This workshop is also a forum for designers, developers, and administrators of the networks and applications. Technology, knowledge, and technique are important key elements to solve the issues and meet the requirements for making new technologies. It is intended to bring together researchers from different communities with similar needs and to provide a base for scientific exchanges of research ideas.
The widespread of the Internet has given further opportunities for providing new network services and Web-based applications. However, such services and applications are often accomplished by high complexities and the need for advanced heuristic techniques has become prevalent. On the other hand, the networks of company, campus, and community have become an important infrastructure for business, education, research and social activity. These networks have to be robust, reliable, fast, convenient and safe.
Developers and administrators of applications and networks are struggling to design and operate systems with their heuristic techniques in order to keep and improve the quality and performance. Computer ethics and its education may be an important factor not only to protect security and privacy but also to improve the efficiency of the system and reduce operating costs. These efforts and issues should be shared and solved among researchers from different communities with similar needs.
Scope of the workshop:
Any submissions relevant to the area of networks and applications will be considered, but any submissions related to one of the following topics will be particularly welcome:
- Network Architecture and Design
- QoS, Scalability Solutions
- Fairness, Optimality, and other aspects of Network Resource Sharing
- Network Deployment, Management, and Operation
- Network Security (VPN, Authentication, Certification, ISMS, etc.)
- Network Applications (WWW, E-mail, etc.) and their Operation
- Meta-Heuristics and Soft Computing Approaches for Networking Technologies
- Network Metrics, Network Growth, and Percolation Models
- Modeling of Users and Network-Based Services,
- Digital Convergence
- ITIL, User Policy and Service Level Agreements
- Computer Ethics and Education
Likely participants: Operators, managers, engineers, and researchers who are interested in ICT infrastructures, network architectures and their information security are called to participate and exchange ideas and techniques.