IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COMPSAC 2022 AUTHORS
COMPSAC 2022 will be completely virtual as it was in 2020 and 2021, and all presentations will be done virtually. We will announce this update also in the submission acceptance letters to authors. Authors of accepted papers will be required to provide a video of their presentation together with the submission of the final version of their papers. COMPSAC will provide detailed guidance regarding preparation and submission of these videos.
SCH: Smart & Connected Health
Call for Papers
The goal of the Smart and Connected Health (SCH) symposium is to provide an international forum connecting data, people and systems towards the development and integration of innovative computer, software and applications supporting the transformation of health and medicine. Advances in communications, computer, and medical technology have facilitated the practice of personalized health, which utilizes sensory computational communication systems to support improved and more personalized healthcare and healthy lifestyle choices. The proliferation of broadband wireless services, along with more powerful and convenient handheld devices, is helping to introduce real-time monitoring and guidance for a wide array of patients. Research community and industry are now connecting medical care with technology developers, vendors of wireless and sensing hardware systems, network service providers, and data management communities.
The symposium encourages research and breakthrough ideas in areas of smart and connected health such as networking, pervasive computing, analytics, sensor integration, privacy and security, socio-behavioral models, and cognitive processes and system and process modeling. The forum will increase more awareness of the constraints arising from clinical and medical needs, barriers to change, heterogeneity of data, semantic mismatch and limitations of current cyber physical systems and an aging population.
The SCH symposium seeks inter-disciplinary collaborative research that lead to new fundamental insights; and encourages empirical validation of new concepts through research prototypes, ranging from specific components to entire systems. It will open collaborations between academic, industry, and other organizations to establish better linkages between fundamental science, medicine and healthcare practice and technology development, deployment and use.
Submissions could consist of theoretical and applied research in topics including, but not limited to:
- Smart intervention for prevention of diseases
- Privacy preserving data analytics
- Smart and connected environmental public health
- Post operative health management
- Trauma treatment
- Patient-centric home
- Cognitive haptic based rehabilitation system
- Privacy preserving computation in genomic data
- Personalized drug delivery
- Monitoring of health conditions such as joint kinematics
- Mining for smart healthcare such as drug-drug interaction from Health Record Databases
- Patient similarity learning from massive clinical database
- Computer guided training systems in healthcare such as laparoscopy
- Smart and wearable systems to support mobility impaired children
- Non-invasive and wearable diagnosis of health conditions such has sepsis
- Wearable devices for in home monitoring of heart failure
- Smart systems for prediction and assessment of health conditions such as acute respiratory distress symptoms
- Intelligent clinical decision support systems
- Personalize evidence-based medicine
- Smart systems for reducing obesity
- Smart and Connected Health –Wellness and Prevention to Acute and Chronic Care
- Smart and Connected health for various care such as palliative and cancer
- Security and privacy in Smart and Connected health
- Telemedicine and mobile health for Smart and Connected Health
- Evidence Based Medicine and Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Data Analytics in Smart and Connected Health
- Ethics, privacy, and research regulations in Smart and Connected Health
The symposium seeks original, unpublished high impact research manuscripts on all topics related to smart and connected health topics. Papers will be selected on the basis of novelty, technical merit, presentation effectiveness and impact of results.
Please visit Information for Authors for formatting instructions, page limits, and IEEE paper templates.
Important dates for submission and notification are listed here.