IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COMPSAC 2022 AUTHORS
COMPSAC 2022 will be completely virtual as it was in 2020 and 2021, and all presentations will be done virtually. We will announce this update also in the submission acceptance letters to authors. Authors of accepted papers will be required to provide a video of their presentation together with the submission of the final version of their papers. COMPSAC will provide detailed guidance regarding preparation and submission of these videos.
ITiP: IT in Practice
Call for Papers
IT in Practice (ITiP) Symposium COMPSAC 2022, cosponsored by IT Professional, covers practice-centered research and design, development and operation of computing and IT applications in a range of areas. Aligned with conference theme “Computer, Software & Applications in an Uncertain World,” the symposium focuses on diverse elements necessary to successfully architect, design, engineer, configure and field IT applications as well as application-oriented research outcomes. It also covers new risks and concerns of IT and its applications.
The symposium serves the interests and needs of IT practitioners and researchers, application developers and IT managers from business, industry and government. It presents an interactive forum for sharing and gaining valuable insights and experiences and facilitates active engagement among IT professionals and researchers around the globe.
We solicit submissions on a range of topics related to the symposium theme, including but not limited to:
- AI and machine learning — applications, risks, concerns
- Automation — advances, applications, impact
- Autonomous systems and vehicles
- Augmented data analytics, location analytics
- Blockchain and crypto currency
- Cloud computing, fog computing, edge computing
- Cognitive computing and its applications
- Crowd sourcing and collaborative computing
- Cyber-physical systems
- Cyberrisks and cybersecurity
- Data and social media mining
- Data management and governance
- Digital twins
- Design, deployment and management of large scale systems
- Emerging trends in IT
- Enterprise IT/IS management
- Ethics and privacy
- Geographical information system (GIS)
- Green computing and sustainability
- Human factors in IT
- Industry 4.0
- Information assurance and security
- IT application architecture, data architecture
- Internet of Things
- IT audit and controls
- IT in arts, music, entertainment and culture
- IT in business, healthcare, finance and government
- IT in education and training
- IT services and service providers
- IT standards and regulations
- IT strategy, AI strategy, and data Strategy
- Smart systems – smart cities, smart grid, smart buildings, smart logistics
- Social computing
- Social impact of IT
- Virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, extended reality
We also welcome case studies, experience reports, position papers and visionary perspectives. We solicit both regular and short papers. Furthermore, to facilitate presentation of their already published work to a wider audience in person and to gain feedback on their work, authors can submit their published work in an IEEE journal in the last three years or accepted but not yet published papers for presentation under the J1C2 (Journal First and Conference Second) scheme.
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers. Simultaneous submission to other publication venues is not permitted. In accordance with IEEE policy, submitted manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism; instances of alleged misconduct will be handled according to the IEEE Publication Services and Product Board Operations Manual.
Please visit Information for Authors for formatting instructions, page limits, and IEEE paper templates.
Important dates for submission and notification are listed here.